Jun 25, 2016

All the Concerts!

Anyone that knows me, knows I am all about music. I can't go a day without listening to music. I listen when I study, when I'm walking, when I'm taking a bath, cleaning, and even while I fall asleep at night.
So naturally, I love attending Concerts. I went to Ayumi in the fall, and spring has brought a few more concerts; Punk Spring fest, Nightwish and even Gackt.



First up this spring was Punk Spring - a punk themed one day festival with bands from the 'west' as well as Japan. This years line up included Tonight Alive (AUS), MISFITS (US), Simple Plan (CAN), SPYAIR (JP), TOTAL FAT (JP), and SUM 41 (CAN). 


It was a really awesome show and I'm so happy I was able to go. Even the bands I didn't know of before the event were good and I've become a fan.

I was randomly invited to a GACKT concert last minute, as a friend of a friend had an extra ticket. I didn't get any pictures at the show, but it was really good. I'm not a huge fan of him but I do like a large number of his songs and his showmanship is on a level of its own. 


The other concert I went to this spring was Nightwish. They are one of my all time favorites in the whole world, and I've seen them a number of times already but it was really cool to see them in Japan in such a small venue. The show was pretty similar to the one I saw exactly a year before (same tour) but it was still amazing.


That was it for concerts this spring, but summer festival and tour season is coming up. I'm for sure going to Summer Sonic in August, and might head all the way to Ibaraki for ROCK IN JAPAN the weekend before. I also am thinking about getting tickets for both MIYAVI and Akanishi Jin, who are both on tour this summer / fall. 

It's so hard to decide between concerts are travel sometimes. Of course I wish I had enough money for both, but I can't complain too much. I have an amazing job, living in Japan, and I have the opportunity to go to shows like this and still travel occasionally. Speaking of travel, next post will be about my golden week trip - Taiwan!